Community & Content Manager
- Position Type: Contractor – Part-Time (Full-time could be considered)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours/ week: 20-25 hours
- Preferred length: <3 months
- Location: Remote
- Salary: Based on experience and location.
Startup Basecamp is seeking a part-time online community & content manager, responsible for providing and developing a high-quality community experience for membership initiatives and creating content for our online community.
The Community & Content Manager works closely with SBC’s Founders to develop, coordinate, implement, and oversee all Startup Basecamp events and community programs. Experience in online community management, writing, marketing, an understanding of startups/ climate issues, and a proactive, resourceful outlook is required.
Working with us, you:
- Will directly be immersed in the climate tech startup ecosystem
- Will work directly with the founding team and gain management experience
- Develop connections with startup professionals from around the globe
- Be part of the fight against climate change
- Lead community activities
- Be part of a startup growing into a global entity
- Connect with founders and climate change leaders worldwide
- Greet, introduce, and connect new members to the community.
- Curate and share all content
- Track and Analyse performance on social media and create strategies for improvement
- Run a weekly newsletter
- Support online events organization
- Connect & communicate with partners, founders and investors
- Curate & share climate-related events
- Collect member feedback and support improvements & new ideas
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and comfortable with getting his/her hands dirty in the work of launching a community—we need someone who is proactive, autonomous, and hungry to learn and grow. The candidate must be:
- Proactive, hungry to grow & outgoing
- Very organized & detailed-oriented
- Demonstrate perfect written and speaking English skills (Native English preferred)
- Have experience doing marketing outreach & copywriting
- Experience with the following platforms: Linked In, Mailchimp, zoom (required) and Basecamp, Airtable are a plus
- Have some degree of community management experience as well as experience organizing communities online
- Love to e-meet new people and have experience with managing and engaging online communities
- Possess basic knowledge and a strong interest and passion in entrepreneurship, startups, & climate tech
- Be a quick learner, multi-tasker, hard-worker and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
How to apply:
Please submit the following to guillaume[@]startupbasecamp.org with the subject line: “Community & Content Manager – [YOUR NAME]. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Your CV together with your linked in profile and
A 3-minute video of yourself explaining why you would be a good fit for Startup Basecamp and how this experience will contribute to your future career development
Your preferred start & end date