Job ID 40223
Why consider this opportunity?
Banyan is growing rapidly and seeking an Executive Assistant / Office Manager to provide administrative support to our CEO and executive leadership team and manage day-to-day office operations.
Our team is made up of bright, mission-driven individuals. We are passionate about using technology to solve sustainability challenges for our planet. We value learning, curiosity, and collaboration. We strive to build a supportive team that values difference and is always willing to lend a hand.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the CEO to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities; anticipate needs and ensure CEO is prepared
- Track action items and key issues to closure; appropriately engage stakeholders
- Manage executive calendars: prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts and schedule changes, make judgment calls and recommendations to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Plan and coordinate Board of Directors meetings, executive meetings and off sites, all hands meetings, external engagements, and assist with team events
- Prepare and distribute agendas and materials for meetings
- Create and review correspondence, spreadsheets, slide decks, and reports
- Coordinate executive travel and associated logistics; manage expenses
- Manage day-to-day office operations: badging, vendors, office equipment purchase and supplies, liaise with building management, and oversee maintenance
- Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures
- Act as a “barometer” for the org on current issues and update the CEO
- Serve as the point of contact and liaison for internal and external constituents; coordinate outreach activities and communication to cultivate relationships
- Provide hospitality to corporate guests and create a welcoming environment
What you’ll need:
- Experience supporting C-suite or senior executives in a high-growth or start-up environment
- Experience with complex calendar management, expenses, and executive travel
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to act quickly and move from one task to another, seamlessly, and professionally
- Ability to work with limited supervision, prioritize, and execute own work planning
- Excellent judgment and discretion
- Skilled with Google Apps, Microsoft Productivity tools, Slack, and other efficiency tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Business savvy and the ability to identify business issues early
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to build collaborative relationships in a diverse environment
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Banyan’s mission
We are unable to provide H1B visa sponsorship for this role.
How we’ll support your growth and success:
- Open access to and side-by-side work with the CEO and executive team
- Support for continued learning and development via training and online courses
- Access to industry news and events to expand your knowledge and awareness of FinTech and the climate space
- A collaborative and supportive team of smart, passionate people who are all focused on a common goal
- $85k-115k DOE (based in SF)
Our benefits package is designed to allow team members to be their best selves, in and out of the workplace. In addition to top tier health plans, at work meal offerings, and fitness benefits, we prioritize your well-being and growth through professional development, parental leave, a flexible time off policy, and flexible work. Our headquarters is centrally located between Bart and Caltrain in San Francisco, CA.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology. Our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel valued and respected. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work. Banyan is an equal opportunity employer.