Job ID 40749
About the Role
We are looking for a strategic thinker and self starter to work directly with the EVP of Carbon Markets and Loam Senior Management in a fast-moving business.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone wanting to get into startups with a passion for strategy, entrepreneurship and the climate. You will be supporting discussions with the EVP and working on partnerships with senior executives at large corporations and be party to discussions around the strategic future of the business. You will gain a deep understanding of the end-to-end carbon business and have the chance to drive meaningful impact in the commercialisation of our products and projects.
- Coordinating the execution of global carbon markets strategy, working with multiple functions across the business
- Supporting the development of key strategic initiatives for the carbon markets business, including market entry, customer offerings, pricing strategy and project delivery design.
- Drafting proposals and refining messaging for key commercial partnership and customer discussions
- Developing and updating financial and risk models and generating project status reports from across the business
- Identifying opportunities for improvement across the carbon markets business, and working to implement strategy initiatives to increase value
- Assess inquiries directed to the EVP and determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Undertaking practical administrative and planning actions to help keep the carbon markets team moving at pace
- 3+ years experience in strategy roles, either in Consulting or early stages start ups
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty and desire to work in a very fast paced startup environment.
- Highly structured working style, numerical/quantitative capabilities and keen attention to detail
- Experienced at analysing complex problems, identifying solutions and prioritising the appropriate course of action
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Capable of partnering with key stakeholders to navigate challenges and drive initiatives forward
- Comfortable wearing many hats, and having multifarious responsibilities
- Fast-growing startup with many opportunities for rapid career development
- Work alongside leading scientists and innovators in an international organisation
- Enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture, with a family-friendly attitude
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Role based in Calgary, Alberta