[Position Type: Full Time, Salaried]
Startup Basecamp is seeking a full-time Community & Events Manager to join their team in San Francisco.
The Community & Events Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, implementing, and overseeing all Startup Basecamp events and programs. The Community & Events Manager works closely with SBC’s Founders and oversees relationships with volunteers, sponsors, and vendors. Experience in community management, event planning, an understanding of Silicon Valley, and a proactive, resourceful outlook are required.
- Oversee the Community Manager volunteer (on-site) activities including but not limited to: connecting guests, organizing social events and ensuring a high-quality guest community experience.
- Recruit and train volunteers (on-site) as part of the work-exchange program
- Build and maintain local community relationships, including with service providers, sponsors, and vendors.
- Serve as an ambassador and represent SBC at community events and activities
- Lead all professional event efforts around tech & entrepreneurship developing themes, topics, and calendar for in-house & public programming.
- Lead SBC event sponsorship efforts including determining revenue and sponsorship targets, and identifying, cultivating, and liaising with co-sponsors.
- Manage program logistics, including tracking speaker invitations and other correspondence, guest invitations, program attendance, catering, and assessing on-site needs.
- Oversee day-of-event logistics, including liaising with speakers and partners, coordinating assignments, AV, catering needs and space management.
- Coordinate post-event activities, including thank yous and follow-up tasks
- Establish relationships with conference partnerships and have a strong presence at all events
- Produce outreach and marketing materials for all SBC related events, such as flyers, emails, website calendar listings, and social platforms.
- Assisting in developing, coordinating and implementing Innovation Programs from the conceptual phase to their completion in partnership with both local and international entities.
- Cultivating new relationships and selecting mentors for our education efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Researching and contacting speakers, partners, and new prospects
- Producing outreach and marketing materials
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in business, marketing or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of event management, project management preferably in Tech
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing and/or Business Development
- Experience in a community-driven organization
- Knowledgeable and connected to the Silicon Valley ecosystem
- Successful track record planning and organizing events – specifically startup workshops, pitch nights and demo days
- Highly organized & detailed-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit towards problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Outgoing and a natural connector
- Quick-learner and multi-tasker able to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, autonomous & hungry to learn and grow
- Results driven and able to ensure completion of tasks ability to work and execute independently
- Comfortable working at times independently with minimal direction, and willingness to jump in wherever needed
- Previous work experience at a startup or within the startup ecosystem highly preferred (especially at an accelerator/incubator), with a strong interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and corporate-startup collaboration
— A Plus —
- Have an experience in the Hospitality world
- Have managed a coliving/ coworking space
- Experience recruiting, managing volunteers
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing
How to apply:
Please submit the following to Maria[at]startupbasecamp.org with the subject line: “Community & Events Manager Application – [YOUR NAME]. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Your CV
- Your cover letter
- A 3-minute video of yourself explaining why you would like to join Startup Basecamp and why you are the right candidate for the job
- Your preferred start date and your immigration status (please note, we do not sponsor visas)